Statement of Faith
At NVCATM, we are a community of Christ followers. Our Statement of Faith is reaffirmed annually by our Board of Directors, faculty, and staff to validate the shared beliefs of our community. As a Recognized Service Organization (RSO) of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS) we honor its doctrinal principles. Consistent with these principles:
- We believe the Bible to be the one inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16‐17; 2 Peter 1:20‐21; John 20:31; Matt. 25:35, ESV)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Mark 12:29; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory (Matt. 1:20‐21; John 10:30‐38; Matt. 26:28; Heb. 9:14; 1 Peter 3:22; Phil. 2:9; Rev. 19:11‐12).
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary for salvation of the lost and sinful man (Rom. 8:11; 1 Peter 3:18; Rom. 10:9‐13; 1 John 1:9).
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for men’s sins according to the Scriptures, and all who believe in Him have the forgiveness of sins through His blood (1 Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7).
- We believe an individual becomes a child of God by being born of the Holy Spirit by the word of God through a personal faith in Jesus Christ (John 1:12‐13; 1 Cor. 3:16).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Rom. 8:16; Gal. 4:6; 1 John 3:24; 1 Cor. 3:16).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Heb. 9:27; 2 Peter 2:9; Rev. 20:12; Ps. 96:13).
- We believe that heaven and hell are definite places (Luke 11:12; Acts 7:49; John 14:2‐4; Heb. 11:10).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:23; Eph. 5:30; 2 Cor. 11:2; Deut. 14:2).
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person male or female, reflecting in these two distinct genders the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27). Rejecting one’s biological sex is rejecting the image of God within that person.
- The Holy Scriptures teach that God, in creating the world, gave marriage to be the lifelong union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24), a gift to be held in honor and kept pure (Heb. 13:4; 1 Thess. 4:2-5). As a man and woman freely commit themselves to one another, God Himself joins them as one. Marriage is far more than a social contract or a mere interpersonal bond. It is an Act of God the Creator. So, our Lord Jesus says in Matt. 19:4-6: “Haven’t you read that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother and be united to his wife and the two shall become one flesh’?”
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, and the use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of NVCA.
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of NVCA as a body of believers in Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the families and staff of our school, it is imperative that all persons employed by NVCA in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, pledge a commitment to abide by the NVCA Statement of Faith.
The NVCA Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind. It is the sole and final source of all we believe. For purposes of school doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our NVCA Board of Directors is the school's final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
The NVCA Promise
Steadfast in faith, NVCA is committed to a Christ-centered education that can transform lives and touch communities. Our role is to help define and reinforce a deep sense of God-given value, purpose and meaning in the pursuit of knowledge and growth in Christ for a transforming influence on the world. An NVCA education forms the foundation upon which all academic pursuits are built thereby enabling students to reach their full educational potential.