NVCOA is committed to providing a Christ-centered education that will transform lives and touch communities. Our role is to create a passion for lifelong learning, in the pursuit on knowledge, that provides the foundation upon which all academic pursuits are built, thereby enabling students to reach their full educational potential.
Convenience and Support
NVCA Online Academy offers convenience for all students desiring a Christian education through our fully online, blended or single class options. We value community in our students' learning experiences. Studying with NVCOA includes a supportive cohort of students and teachers in familiar environment conveniently from anywhere in the country.
NVCOA ensures a partnership with you to support your student's academic success. Below are requirements for acceptance into NVCOA.
Initiative and accountability for online learning are pivotal. To participate in NVCOA, students must:
- Be self-advocating by initiating contact with teachers or concerns with Online Success Coach (OSC)
- Maintain an unweighted grade point average of 2.0.
Preparing students for success involves support from parents too. Parents should:
- Ensure the student's daily attendance
- Initiate monthly or biweekly check-ins with teachers or OSC
- Schedule a time to complete a course-placement exam to ensure a proper learning track for your student.
Online learning is a unique experience. To effectively enable learning in a virtual environment, students must not have a 504 plan that requires more than extended time for assignments or tests.